The biggest online retail platform or e-commerce site in the world is Amazon. a Fortune 500 organization. Both consumable and non-consumable items are available on Amazon. Amazon sellers are people from all over the world who post their goods on the website in order to promote them internationally. Amazon began by selling books and gradually expanded its product offerings to include electronics, clothing, toys, household goods, and even groceries. One needs to obtain a food license from FSSAI in order to launch a food-related online company with Amazon. You cannot list your products on Amazon if your company does not have an FSSAI Food license. If you already sell on Amazon, your firm name must be listed on an FSSAI license. However, you need another FSSAI certificate at the warehouse address in order to use an Amazon fulfillment center or warehouse.
FSSAI Food License for Amazon Sellers
All Amazon-Sellers are required by the Food Safety Standard Authority of India (FSSAI) to register for an FSSAI Food Safety License before they can launch their business.
You can rely on MUDS Experts to provide you with a quick and easy FSSAI registration for your Amazon-Seller. The procedure is really easy to follow. All you need to do is sign in to the MUDS website. Upload the necessary paperwork, then pay for it. In just 1 day, the FSSAI Food License Certificate will be delivered to your door.
E-commerce refers to the online purchasing and selling of products and services. The practice of buying and selling things through the internet, including food products, is sometimes referred to as electronic commerce or online commerce. Nowadays, food goods, including fresh fruits and vegetables and packaged foods, are sold on all major e-commerce platforms.
Online food wholesalers and merchants like Big Basket, Swiggy, Grofers, Zomato, etc. have become more prevalent. The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) made it mandatory for all e-commerce food enterprises to get FSSAI food license for their complete supply chain due to the increase in food-related e-commerce businesses.
Basic FSSAI Registration?
E-commerce companies are prohibited from dealing in any kind of food product under the Food Safety and Standard Act, 2006 (FSS Act), without an FSSAI licence. Regardless of their capacity or revenue threshold restriction, e-commerce enterprises must apply for an FSSAI Central License.
E-Commerce Business Models
In India, the FSSAI establishes food standards and controls online food retailers. E-commerce Food Business Operators (FBOs) are those who run enterprises using an internet platform or media, according to the FSSAI.
The following are the e-commerce business models as specified by the fssai license registration for amazon sellers:
- Inventory-Based Approach: In this kind of model, the e-commerce corporation or business controls the inventory and the food services. They provide food for sale straight to customers.
- Market-Based Model: In this model, an e-commerce business acts as an intermediary between customers, sellers, marketers, and food product producers by providing an IT platform. The e-commerce businesses’ platforms are used by the sellers, producers, and marketers to sell food to the customers.
- Hybrid Approach: In this kind of model, e-commerce businesses serve as both a retailer and a wholesaler. They receive money from the sale of commodities as well as service fees.
FSSAI Registration for Amazon Sellers ?
Operators of Food Businesses in E-Commerce
The following e-commerce FBOs are required to get an FSSAI licence and are covered by the FSSAI:
- E-commerce companies that provide merchants, retailers, restaurants, and other manufacturers listing services on their site. For instance, Swiggy, Zomato, etc.
- Manufacturers, brand owners, sellers, or producers who use an online marketplace or an inventory-based e-commerce model to exhibit their goods or services (processing, catering, or packaging) for direct sale to clients. Fresh Menu, for instance.
- E-commerce companies that offer transportation to the producer, seller, or vendor that lists their food goods online and sells them to the customer directly.
- E-commerce companies that provide its sellers the ability to store their products and receive distribution services for their food products listed in an online marketplace.
Prerequisites for FSSAI Licensing and Registration for E-Commerce Businesses
Amazon sellers fssai license- All e-commerce FBOs are required to get an FSSAI license from the Central Licensing Authority in accordance with the Food Safety and Standards (Licensing and Registration of Food Businesses) Regulation, 2011, which governs this matter. For the complete supply chain—manufacturers, registered offices, storage facilities, transporters, distributors, etc.—they must get an FSSAI license.
With the manufacturers, sellers, brand owners, or suppliers, all e-commerce FBOs shall agree to abide by the FSSAI rules. They must make sure that the food goods are delivered by qualified individuals. At the moment of delivery, they must maintain food safety and quality.
All food products that the e-commerce FBOs supply to consumers must have a shelf life of at least 30% or 45 days before expiration on the date of delivery. Restaurants and caterers that sell their goods online must make sure that only fresh food is delivered to customers.
Benefits of FSSAI Registration for Amazon Sellers
- Without presenting any inaccurate or misleading information about the importers, producers, dealers, merchants, suppliers, or any brand owners.
- Not portraying any false picture of services or anything linked to food.
The following listing rules must be followed by all e-commerce FBOs, including sellers, suppliers, brand owners, producers, etc. that sell pre-packaged food to customers:
- Make sure the main display panel for the food product is shown with a legible and clear image.
- Display the display panel with the food product’s lot or batch number, expiration date, and maximum suggested retail price in a clear manner.
- Give a representative picture of the food item that is being sold on their e-commerce site.
- Show up their FSSAI licence number received under the FSS Act and the FBO’s cleanliness rating.
- All of the food industry firms listed on their e-commerce platform should have their FSSAI licences or registrations shown.
- Give further details about the food item that is sold on the online store.
- To preserve the fundamental hygienic standards and high calibre of the food goods and services, every e-commerce FBO shall adhere to the Food Safety and Standards (Licensing and Registration of Food Businesses), Regulations 2011.
- For a prompt and effective resolution, e-commerce FBOs must quickly inform sellers, importers, brand owners, or manufacturing businesses of any complaints regarding product quality, effectiveness, or other difficulties.
How Muds Management helps you in FSSAI Registration?
- Visit the FoSCoS webpage.
- On the website homepage, select the ‘Apply/License Registration’ tab.
- From the drop-down menu, choose the state where the e-commerce firm has registered its office.
- Select the option marked “Trade/Retail” on the screen below.
- Click the “Proceed” button after selecting “e-Commerce” from the list and then “E-Commerce protected under Center License”.
- On the following page, click the option that says “Click here to apply for Central License for all firms.”
- Enter the location, product choice, and communication information, then click “Save & Next.”
- The FSSAI form must be submitted along with the necessary documentation and registration costs.
- The FSSAI authorities will review the application and, if necessary, check the office space.
- Amazon sellers fssai license- When they are satisfied that the e-commerce firm satisfies all the necessary requirements, the FSSAI authorities will issue the FSSAI License Registration Certificate. The FSSAI licence registration certificate is available for download from the FoSCoS site by the e-commerce company.
Documents Required for FSSAI Registration for Amazon Sellers?
- E-commerce FBO identification proof.
- Evidence proving premises possession, such as a sale deed, an electricity bill, a rent agreement, etc., should be provided.
- List of corporate directors, with addresses and phone numbers.
- Self-declaration for proprietorship, a partnership deed, or an incorporation document.
- Export-Import Code (IEC).
- Plan or certification for a food safety management system.
- a list of food items.
- Licenses for businesses, panchayats, corporations, or municipalities.
FSSAI registration consultant- By contacting the MUDS and submitting the completed FSSAI application form together with the required documentation to the Food Safety Department/Office, representatives of e-commerce businesses may also apply for FSSAI registration verification offline. The application will be examined by the authorities, who will then register you with the FSSAI.