The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) sets the sanitary and security standards that ensure that wholesome food is available in every eating place. This is one of the most important licenses to get in order to manage a restaurant successfully and stay out of trouble with the law. All restaurant operators are required to obtain an FSSAI License from the State Authority.
FSSAI registration verification: We discussed the significance of FSSAI licensing and how it affects the restaurant industry in our earlier post. Readers responded by sending us several requests for information on how to register for an FSSAI license, how to obtain a food license, what papers are necessary to obtain an FSSAI license, etc. To address these concerns, we have created a follow-up post in which we walk you through the process of registering your restaurant with the FSSAI.
Continue reading to learn how to obtain a food licence in India.
Basic FSSAI Registration?
Restaurants with sluggish or low turnover and yearly sales of less than 12 lakh for one year must obtain this business licence. The government of this state issued this registration.
FSSAI State License
This business licence demands a minimum and maximum annual revenue of 12 lakh to 20 crores for a duration of one to five years, respectively. FSSAI state licences are available to primarily small to midsize eateries. This licence is given to the applicant in the state in which they intend to start a restaurant. The key idea here is that the entity seeking to build a restaurant must be legitimate in only one state.
FSSAI Central License
Operators of food businesses must have a central food licence given by the central government (FBOs). The licence seldom lasts more than a month, despite having annual sales of more than 20 crores. This is used in the central office and applies to every office in India. It’s good for five years.
FSSAI Registration Process for Restaurants ?
To obtain an FSSAI Registration for your restaurant and food company, follow the steps outlined below:
Step 1: Click here or visit http://foodlicensing.fssai.gov.in. The application process begins by determining if you meet the requirements for a Central or State License. Each location’s address must be entered separately, and you must determine each location’s eligibility independently.
Note: If your restaurant generates up to 20 crores in annual revenue, you should apply for a state licence; if it generates more than 20 crores, you should apply for a central licence.
Step 2: When the website has loaded, click “Sign-up” for the appropriate license. On the registration form, provide your contact information. Make sure your phone number or email address is active.
Step 3: Create a distinctive username for the registration process, then type your password. After completing the form, click Register to finish the registration process.
Step 4: You will also receive a sign-up success confirmation message through SMS and email upon account activation.
Point to Remember: Make sure to apply online within 30 days if you want to keep this user ID active; else, it will expire.
Step 5: Fill out the online FSSAI Registration Application Form after logging into your account. (Be certain you have all the pertinent paperwork needed for the application. Additionally, be careful to finish the application form all at once to avoid it being placed in the incomplete tab. The crucial paperwork required for FSSAI Registration is shown below.
Step 6: Take a hardcopy of the application after completing it online before pressing the “Submit” button.
Step 7: After applying, write down the reference number that appears on the screen. The reference number is necessary to follow the development of your registration or licencing application.
Step 8: For your application to be considered, you must submit the printout of the completed online application form to the regional authority or state authority together with any necessary supporting documentation within 15 days after the date of the online submission.
The annual fee for an FSSAI Registration Certificate is INR 100. The fee is INR 7500/Year for the central licence and INR 2000/Year for the state licence.
Documents Required for FSSAI Registration for Restaurants?
The full list of paperwork required to obtain a food licence for your restaurant is provided below:
- Proprietor’s properly filled and signed form (Restaurant Owner).
- Address Verification provided by Government Authorities
- a list of the company’s top directors and shareholders, together with identification documentation
- Valid email address and telephone number
- Plan for Food Safety Management (You may download these documents online or through the nearby Notary.)
- Evidence of ownership of premises (Sale Deed, Rent Agreement, Electricity Bill, etc.)
- NOCs from local organisations or municipal corporations.
- Kitchen Design Layout
- The facility’s Partnership Deed/Affidavit of Proprietorship and Water Testing Report from an ISI were authorised (in case of business operated in other premises or case of partnership firm)
- List of the equipment to be used for each food category.
- Employee medical certificates.
FSSAI food license for restaurants- Visit the How To Apply section of the FSSAI website for further details on the fee schedule and the required documentation.
Obtaining information and applying have been more simpler in the internet age than they were in earlier times, when individuals had to visit many offices to receive various types of permissions. The difficulties associated with obtaining multiple permits have now been greatly simplified. You now understand how to apply for a food licence online, including how to upload the necessary paperwork and make a payment. There are several organisations and experts that will handle the paperwork and licencing application on your behalf, saving you the hassle.
Benefits of FSSAI Registration for Restaurants
The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India, or FSSAI in its full name, is a division under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare. It is the authority that keeps an eye on nutrient levels and guards customers from ingesting poisonous or dangerous foods. This includes not just those who touch food during the preparation process but also those involved in the manufacture, processing, packing, and distribution of food as well as the organizations with the legal right to sell it.
- Legal Advantages: You have a legal advantage since obtaining a licence costs less than the possible fines you’d incur if you were subsequently discovered breaking the law.
- Education of the public: This lets people know that the food you grow, prepare, or sell is of the highest caliber and has obtained official government approval.
- It’s important to understand that the FSSAI strives to make sure that the public consumes food that is both safe and of good quality if you want to avoid fines. Anytime your business is randomly checked, harsh penalties will be applied if it is found to be operating without a license.
- Government Funding and Loans: The FSSAI registration will grant company owners the benefits of Government Funding and Loans, which are readily available.
- The FSSAI Mark: An FSSAI mark is used to certify healthy food. Credibility in the market is increased because of this brand.
- Finances and company expansion: With an FSSAI licence, expanding your firm into other states or even obtaining a bank loan for the purpose is quite simple.
Contact Muds Management For FSSAI Registration
Fssai registration consultant: People who want to launch their own restaurant should actively look for business financing. With the aid of a business loan, you may launch your firm and have a greater and longer-lasting effect on the market. You will thereafter be able to take control of the company thanks to this business loan.
Among the many companies that offer loans, MUDS is one of the top loan lenders available.
Anyone looking to start a new business in any industry can apply for a loan from MUDS. Visit their website, muds.co.in, and verify your eligibility to determine whether you qualify to apply for a business loan from MUDS. If you fit the criteria, you may quickly and conveniently apply for a business loan online.
Obtaining a business loan might be difficult, but MUDS makes it simple. A simple and safe approach to get money for your startup or business is from this source of business loans. MUDS features affordable and reasonable interest rates starting at 1.25% per month and doesn’t demand any kind of collateral.
Within 72 hours, applicants can reactivate their company loans. They also have various payback choices for their licence and FSSAI resignation.
For the reasons listed above, it is crucial to register your food company with the FSSAI in order to build customer trust. Your FSSAI Licence may be registered with the aid of MUDS Management. You would have your FSSAI Licence registered in a very short period of time thanks to our 10+ years of devoted CA/CS guidance.
What are the Penalties associated with FSSAI?
The FSSAI licence has its own set of restrictions and requirements in addition to the perks. These specifications and directives must always be followed. Any food establishment that is discovered to have broken the guidelines will be charged with a fine.
The punishment is often assessed as a fee or monetary charge. If there are serious infractions or several incidents of rule-breaking, the licence will be revoked, and the company will continue to operate under supervision and regular inspection.
How to do FSSAI License Renewal?
FSSAI license registration for restaurants: Both obtaining and renewing an FSSAI licence are necessary. An FSSAI license’s validity may be extended for a period of one to five years. After then, the licence must be renewed in order to maintain its advantages and brand mark.
The application determines the license’s validity, although they are required to renew the licence when its term is about to expire. The applicant will be subject to a fine if the licence is not renewed on time. The proprietor of the business would not be allowed to carry on the food-related operations if the licence were to expire.
What are the Important things to know about FSSAI license renewal?
There are a few things you need to have in mind while renewing your FSSAI licence:
- Depending on the number of years chosen, a charge must be paid to renew an FSSAI licence. The costs will increase as the years go on. An FSSAI licence can be renewed for a maximum of five years at a fee of Rs. 7500/-.
- A self-declaration copy, an attestation, the licencing fee for the specified years, and other papers are required for the FSSAI licence renewal form “C.”
- A picture identity evidence is required for renewal and may be in the form of an Aadhaar card, driver’s licence, voter’s ID card, or passport.
- After completing the process, if the applicant has not yet received their FSSAI licence renewal, they do not need to wait. The applicant can get back to work right away.
- The reference code that the applicant receives after submitting the renewal application—not to be confused with the reference number obtained during the FSSAI registration process—allows them to monitor the status and progress of their FSSAI renewal.
- The applicant’s food business will be inspected when the FSSAI renewal procedure is complete, and this inspection will be carried out by the appropriate authorities. Once the applicant has passed the inspection, the go-ahead is granted for him or her to conduct business as usual. The inspection’s goal is to determine whether or not the FSSAI license’s standards are being followed.
- There are no additional fees or penalties except not renewing on time. The applicant can continue conducting business as usual if he or she can make sure to renew their FSSAI licence in a timely manner.
All restaurants and food businesses must adhere to the FSSAI requirements and get a licence from the organisation. This licence serves as evidence and authorization for any location involved in the food industry to make and distribute cooked and processed foods for mass commercial sale. The licence serves as official documentation proving a start-up or sole proprietorship is a respectable company engaged in the food and beverage industry.
- the establishment of scientifically based standard guidelines for food products.
- To uphold and regulate the best practices that operate within the parameters of the Food Safety and Standard Act, 2006 for the production, storage, sale, distribution, and import of food.
- Ensure and facilitate the quality and safety of the food that restaurants serve to the general public.
One of the biggest and fastest-growing businesses is restaurants and fast food outlets. People like and find comfort in eating outside and ordering meals from restaurants fssai license and food facilities, which greatly aids in advertising the business. The requirement for food outlets and eateries to be FSSAI-certified and to hold an FSSAI licence assures that the public receives high-quality food for their money.