The PoSH (Prevention of Sexual harassment Act) law seeks to empower women to fight against sexual harassment at workplace. Over the years, Prevention of Sexual Harassment (PoSH) Act has helped many women in getting justice for the cases of sexual harassment they have faced in the workplace. However, it has also become a threatening tool for some women to extort money from their organisation’s management through malicious PoSH complaints. There is sometimes a lack of awareness among employees which can lead to unwanted cases of sexual misconduct. Also, many organisations do not know how to set up a proper POSH complaint redressal system or constitute the internal complaints committee. Hiring an external member for the internal complaints committee is also an issue that organisations frequently face. The solution to all these problems lies in PoSH training of employee and management of the organisation through a professional legal firm. How PoSH Training Helps?
- Conducting PoSH training of employees helps them to get aware of their rights under the PoSH Act.
- This helps women to come out and report any sexual misconduct from a college or a senior in the workplace and so, ensures a safe working environment.
- PoSH Training also enables employees to learn about fake PoSH complaints or what can be categorised as a malicious complaint. This can reduce no. of false or fake complaints in the organisation.
- Proper PoSH training for management makes them aware of the process to create a robust and effective complaint redressal system.
- It also helps the management to set up an internal complaints committee.
How to Get PoSH Training for Employees
- Contact a Legal firm which has experts with complete knowledge of the PoSH Act and have experience of conducting training sessions for employees in prestigious organisations.
- These firms mostly have professionals who have worked in the internal complaints committee of other organisations and can help in creating ICC in the new company.
- The experts can easily make employees understand the most technical terms of the Act clearly with their effective communication skills.
Conducting PoSH training sessions for employees must be made mandatory so that the employees understand the consequences of sexual misconduct and what acts constitute sexual harassment. This will help in creating a more secure and tension free environment for women at the workplace.
Author: Adv Sharlee Garg
Muds Management Private Limited
Mobile number: 91-9599653306
Email id: [email protected]
*The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist professional advice should be sought about your specific circumstances. The views expressed in this article are solely of the authors of this article*