Process For Name Change in PAN Card: Step-by-step guide
Here’s a step-by-step guide to understanding how change name in pan card
PAN card, or Permanent Account Number, is a ten-digit alphanumeric number issued by the Indian Tax Department in the form of a laminated card. For Indian citizens, it is one of the most crucial papers. It is utilised not just for tax purposes, but also as evidence of identification.
If there are any problems with the name change in pan card, you may easily alter it. It’s not difficult to make changes to the name on your PAN. For PAN Card rectification, an individual can utilise both online and offline techniques. You can follow this step-by-step process to update or change name in PAN card online.
Here’s how to modify or amend your name on your PAN card:
- To begin, open any browser and go to the NSDL website.
- On the next screen, click Apply Online, and then click Continue. Select Changes or corrections to existing PAN Data/ Reprint of PAN Card under Application Type (No changes in existing PAN data).
- Select Individual from the Category drop-down menu. Now fill in all of the details, including:
- First name/surname Last name/surname
- Email Address Date of Birth
- Whether you are an Indian citizen or not
- PAN (Personal Identification Number)
- You must choose information “by submitting data to us and/or via our NSDL e-Gov TIN website” after filling in all of the fields.
- Click Submit after entering the Captcha code.
- “We appreciate you for utilising the NSDL e-Gov online PAN application service,” you’ll be told. Your request has been successfully registered with Token Number xxxxxxxxx and delivered to the email address you provided in the PAN application. To complete the remaining PAN application form, please click the hyperlink below.”
- You must now click on the Continue with PAN Application Form button. You will be taken to the website where you may apply for a PAN online.
An acknowledgement slip will be created once all of the data have been filled in and payment has been made. You must print it and transmit it along with the physical verification of papers to the NSDL e-gov office.
How to Check Change of Name in PAN Card Status
The Permanent Account Number (PAN) is a ten-digit alphanumeric identifier assigned to all Indian taxpayers by the Income Tax Department under the Income Tax Act of 1961. A PAN card, which is a laminated plastic card, contains the PAN information. It is a necessary document and evidence of identification for all persons and entities wishing to conduct any type of financial transaction in India. It may be obtained through the I-T Department’s online pan application system or through TIN Facilitation Centres (TIN-FCs) for PAN-related services.
Through its network of over 673 cities and 6120 company sites, MUDS has vast expertise offering government to citizen services, financial services, healthcare, and insurance services. The firm also makes the procedure of getting a new PAN card and filling out a pan card rectification form online easier.
The significance of completing timely updates or change name in pan card
PAN holders may require updates to their PAN data for a variety of reasons, including
- Correction of an error or modification of the applicant’s name on the PAN card as a result of a spelling mistake, marriage, divorce, or other circumstances.
- Correction of an error in the PAN holder’s father’s name
- Change or correction of the PAN holder’s address data
- Mismatch of the PAN holder’s signature
- Correction of the PAN holder’s date of birth facts
- Printing mistake in the PAN number
It’s critical to double-check that the PAN information on the PAN card is correct. If updates or adjustments are necessary, they should be made as soon as feasible to minimise delays in subsequent paperwork or procedures depending on PAN information.
The time it takes to correct a PAN card.
MUDS sends an acknowledgement slip to applicants once they have successfully submitted their application forms to the PAN department. The firm undertakes regular follow-ups with the PAN department to ensure that applicants are kept aware of their status. Applicants will initially receive a notice claiming that their application is being processed. They would receive a notice confirming that the application had been accepted and that the PAN card will be sent out shortly after successful processing. Applicants often receive an SMS advising them of the PAN card’s delivery date.
The time it takes to complete an application may be delayed owing to unanticipated circumstances, such as a lot of public holidays. If the applicant need a PAN card immediately, it is their obligation to complete the pan card rectification form online as soon as feasible.
PAN holders will receive their updated PAN cards with the new information within 15 to 20 business days after the modifications recommended by the applicants are entered in the PAN records. The Pan card application progress may be tracked online using the 15-digit unique acknowledgement number provided to applicants.
PAN holders who are filing for PAN repairs can file a complaint with the Income Tax Department about any aspect of the procedure. Such concerns are promptly received and resolved, and the applicants’ grievances may be traced using the complaint number provided to them.
How to change name in PAN card
- Filling out the application form: NSDL website has a pan card application form. For pan card applications, there are two types of forms:
- Form 49A for Indian citizens and Indian enterprises based in India, and Form 49AA for entities and persons based outside India. To avoid mistakes or overwriting, the applicant must follow the instructions carefully and fill out the form completely.
- Submitting papers for verification: After completing the form, the applicant must sign it properly in the corresponding box and avoid providing any unnecessary information. Relevant papers, such as recent passport-sized pictures, proof of identification (POI), and valid proof of residence (POA) provided by the government, should be submitted with the pan card change form for verification.
- Processing Cost: For each correction or alteration to a PAN card, applicants must pay a processing fee. For Indians, the fee ranges from Rs 107 to Rs 120 (all included), but for those living outside India, the sum is roughly Rs 1,040.
Applicants can download the application form and fill in the data before sending it to the nearest TIN Facilitation Center (TIN-FC) of MUDS, rather than submitting it online.
Documents required for change name in pan card
A new online method makes obtaining a PAN card simple. All that is necessary to apply for a PAN card online is the completion and submission of a PAN application form. On behalf of the Income Tax Department, a major e-governance leader, accepts PAN application forms. It not only offers online help, but also offline help through a statewide network of TIN Facilitation centres.
Details required in the PAN application form
- To begin, candidates should choose either Form 49A or Form 49AA, depending on their residency status, and fill out the form completely, including their name, father’s name, communication address, and signature. Furthermore, passport photos must be linked to the designated locations.
- Individuals, NRIs, and corporations require several types of documentation.
- As mentioned below, the needed documents are divided into three categories: proof of identity (POI), proof of address (POA), and proof of date of birth.
Individual Indian Citizenship or Hindu Undivided Family Documents (HUF):
- Identity Verification (Any of the following)
- UIDAI Electors issue Aadhaar cards. EPIC (Electronic Photo Identity Card), sometimes known as a voter’s ID card
- Any Photo ID card issued by the central/state government or any public sector undertaking Valid Passport Ration card containing a photo of the applicant Valid Driving License
- A bank-issued certificate with a photo of the applicant and the bank’s account number that has been duly attested.
- License to Carry Arms
- Copy of a pensioner card with the applicant’s photo from the Central Government Health Scheme
Applicants can also furnish original copies of
- An MLA, MP, Gazetted Officer, or Municipal Councillor must sign a certificate of identification in the appropriate format.
- Applicant’s bank account number, bank statement written on the bank branch’s letterhead, and issuing officer’s name and stamp with a duly-attested photograph
- Applicants who are minors must submit the following documents: If the applicant is a juvenile, his or her parent or guardian can submit evidence of identification and proof of residency.
- HUF-related documents include: Applicants must provide an affidavit signed by the Karta of the HUF detailing the names, father’s names, and addresses of all coparceners on the application date.
Proof of Address (POA) is a document that shows where you live (Copy of any of the following)
- Aadhaar card
- valid passport
- valid driving licence
- recent utility bills
Date of Birth Proof
- Any recognised office/municipal authority can issue a birth certificate.
- Matriculation certificate from a recognised board
- Aadhaar Card
Documents required for NRIs
NRI applicants (individuals and HUFs) must submit the following papers in addition to a copy of their passport or an OCI card/PIO card issued by the Indian government. They do not demand verification of date of birth.
Proof of Address
- Statements of non-resident overseas bank accounts in India
- Bank account statements from the applicant’s current residence nation
I hope you have understood how to name change in PAN Card keeps your documents updated so easily online. These days change name in PAN card online have become so convenient and easy that anyone can avail of this service.